Subtenants must be:
- Singapore citizens; or
- Singapore permanent residents; or
- Non-citizens legally residing in Singapore who are holders of Employment Passes, S Passes, Work Permits*, Student Passes, Dependant Passes, or Long-Term Social Visit Passes.
These passes must have a validity period of at least 6 months as at the date of subletting application**.
* *Work Permit holders from the construction, marine, and process sectors must be Malaysians. Work Permit holders from the manufacturing sector must also be Malaysians if they are renting a whole HDB flat.
** Tourists are not allowed to rent HDB flats.
Immigration status of non-citizen subtenants may be verified using the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority's i-Enquiry website.
You may also check the Employment Pass and S Pass validity using MOM’s website.
Subtenants must not be tenants/owners of other HDB flats except for:
- Tenants/owners who are divorced/legally separated; and
- Owners who are eligible to sublet their whole HDB flat
Subtenants must not be owners of Executive Condominium units where the 5-year minimum occupation period has not been met. Subtenants must not be tourists as well.